This website (texts, photographs, graphic design, codes and any other content) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 license. To view a copy of this license, visit: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are remotely installed in the hard drive of the user’s computer, browser, tablet, smartphone, or equivalent device while the user is browsing the Internet. The purpose of these files, among other things, is to improve the ease of navigation and usability of a website, and to obtain information about the browsing habits of the user or the device used to access the Internet. Cookies never cause any damage to the device used.
What are the different types of cookies?
Depending on the entity that manages them:
- First-party cookies: this type of cookie is sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain managed by the editor of the website, who is the only one that can read them.
- Third-party cookies: this type of cookie is sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor of the website but rather by another entity that processes the data collected through cookies.
Depending on the length of time they remain active on the user’s device:
- Session cookies: these cookies collect and store data only during the time that the user remains on the website.
- Persistent cookies: this type of cookie remains stored in the computer terminal after the user leaves the website and can be accessed for processing for a period of time determined by the entity responsible for the cookie, ranging from a few minutes to several years.
Depending on the purpose for which data are processed:
- Technical cookies: this type of cookie allows the user to browse a website and use the different options or services contained in it, for example, data traffic and communication control, session identification, use of security elements while browsing, or sharing contents through the social media.
- Personalization cookies: they allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics according to certain criteria of the user’s device, such as language, type of browser used, regional configuration from which the user accesses the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: this type of cookie tracks and analyzes the behavior of users of the websites that they are linked to. Data collected by this type of cookie are used to measure the activity of the website and to create browsing profiles of its users.
- Advertising cookies: this type of cookie allows the management of advertising spaces that the editor may have included in the website that provides the requested service, according to criteria such as the edited content or the frequency with which ads are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: this type of cookie allows the management of advertising spaces that the editor may have included in the website that provides the requested service. These cookies store data on the behavior of the website users, obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, thus allowing for the development of a specific profile in order to display advertising based on these data.
Which specific cookies do we use?
We use the Google Analytics service of Google Inc. to collect data about the activity of the website, e.g. the location and type of device used to access it, the operating system and browser used, browsing time, most viewed pages, etc., in order to make improvements based on the analysis of these data. Specifically, we use the gtag.js library, which configures the following cookies:
- _ga: Used to differentiate unique users. Its life span is 2 years.
- _gid: Used to differentiate unique users. Its life span is 24 hours.
- _gat: Used to limit the percentage of requests. Its life span is 1 minute.
These cookies are installed from the domain «.arbolesyarbustos.com»; however, the collected data are stored and managed entirely by Google. For more information on this matter, see the Google Analytics Terms of Service and Privacy Statement.
Cookies used by Google add-ons
Via the API, we use the Google Maps service, which allows us to visualize the location map, the interactive map and the routes. The use of this add-on implies that Google Inc. may access cookies stored on the user’s device when the user creates or signs in to a Google Account while interacting with our website. To learn more about the data collected by Google from the websites and applications that use its services, please visit: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en
How to disable or delete cookies
If you do not wish Google Analytics to collect and store your browsing data, you can also install the plug-in developed for this purpose, which can be accessed via this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout